Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm JJ...again.

Today's blogpost is a reflection on Learning Profiles, and now that you have a better understanding of your profile we would like you to write and share the information with the class. In a well structured response, (using the information you gained in class ) please reflect upon and answer the following ....

1) I learn best when I'm moving because I don't prefer to follow step-by-step instructions. I focus on the big picture. For example, when we were taking the DBQ, one of the questions was to annotate a picture of "The Fall of Icarus". I didn't pay attention to detail at first and I was focusing on the overall product. I also learn best when I imagine end results first and then by instinct, do what seems right.

2) I need to try to not be stressed often. I normally get stressed if I have a lot of homework. I am a procrastinator and if I have a lot of things to do, I will normally do it the day before they're due. When I am stressed, my technique gets worse as I continue with this headache. I should also be encouraged to work with aspects of life and learning.

3) The strategies that would help me in my learning would be that I could also sit on the right side of the classroom several rows back so I can hear easily. Another good strategy would be to do Lazy 8's which could help me in tests. Cross-hand and foot play lateral like writing or drawing with my non dominant hand is helpful. Tasks using the brain like word-searches, sudoku or crosswords involving math or linguistics will be highly beneficial.

4) I would like my teachers to know that I work well when I sit with/work with my friends. It seems as though I'm distracted and not doing work, but I actually am doing work because I know I have some people I can relate to and know very well. I would also like my teachers to know that I usually draw/doodle or play with something while they are talking. I still am listening as I am an auditory learner, even though it may seem like I am not paying attention.

Hope this helps a lot on how I learn!
-Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment